Saturday, September 20, 2014

Boone Weekends

This morning, I woke up and decided to have a good day. It's been a long week capped off by the world's longest Friday.
I woke up bright and early and the sun shinning outside my window was my motivation to get up, get out and put a smile on. The weather in Boone today was flawless. The sun was out with all its glory, and the temperature stayed around 70 degrees, but the constant breeze made me so ready for the leaves to start changing. I walked over to King Street and treated myself to lunch at Hob Knob.
Hob Knob is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Boone. All the food is local, and they have an overwhelming amount of vegetarian and vegan options. Today I got the Avocado Tempeh Melt. It is homemade bread with aioli, sautéed tempeh and onion, avocado, fresh cilantro, romas and melted cheddar. Yum! It really hit the spot and I was accompanied by another customer's poodle who stretched out under my table. We made great conversation. After lunch, I proceeded down King Street for some window shopping.
There are so many quirky little stores in Boone. My favorites are the art stores and the all natural, spiritual, incense burning stores that capture the "hippier" vibe Boone has to offer. They are all so unique, homey and local. I can't wait until I have some friends that will hang out on King Street with me...haha...seriously though...I need some friends.

Naturally, I had to try the local coffee. No offense, Starbucks, I love you, I really do. I just wanted to try something new. So I adventured out to Bald Guy Brew. I'm a simple girl, so I just got a hot cup of their house coffee. Even though it was about 4:30, the coffee was still steaming hot and tasted as if it had just been brewed. I may or may not being sipping on the microwaved leftovers now.
All in all it was a good day. Friday afternoon was disappointing to say the least, and left me wanting to mope. But I fought the comfort of my bed and had a good day. Honestly, I'm not sure what to do now or where to go from here. I was really counting on Greek life to find friends to fill my days, and a place where I fit in and am always welcome. I'm really counting on God's timing right now and I have faith that I'll find somewhere and some people that make me feel at home. It all takes time, but patience is not my strong suit. I'm sure I'll figure it all out.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Unapologetic
Maira Gall